Type 2 diabetic. Angioplasty done. Taking asprin, zccor and palvix. What diet and cure is required?

iam a dr.naturopathic...iwould liket know patient angioplasty done ...2weeks suceesfully done hehas diabetics type 2 underconrolwth insulin ..hbaic 7,,,,,,,choletsol all normal wth ..crestor 20mg,,,, iam taking after opration angioplastery,stents 3..done iam ok walking 30mints and diet 1250kal diet medication prestly .....asprin 100 morning one evening one,,,(justprin),zccor40mg,,,,palvix75mg m orning one ,evening one...neurobin one, insulin morning 45units novmax humaninsulin...evening 40units... afte lunch ...junmet 1000,,,,one,,,diner one..foe diabetics ........iam feelin much better now what other adviseand any diet fish oil any food good for me iwill more thanks to all
Posted Fri, 1 Mar 2013 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Chitra Reddy 6 hours later

Thanks for choosing XXXXXXX

You are on good medication as for now because your glucose levels are in your grip.

It’s nice that you are on strict diet and exercise
I understand that you need information about diet modifications and some tips
Hoping the following advice may help I suggest you
1. Hot water bath only
2. Avoid sea food of any sort
3. If you prefer non vegetarian food ,you can have 2 to 3 freshwater fish pieces per week cooked in little extra virgin olive oil, with least spices possible
4. Yes fish oil can be used
5. Oil,though good or bad please use it in less quantities only
6. Add fibre to your diet in good quantity but not in such a level that causes constipation.(be cautious)
7. Being naturopathic you may know for yourself the uses of methi seeds and methi leaves (fenugreek).please add that in your diet
8. Extra virgin olive oil is good
9. Balance your carbs as well as your fats
10. Take glycemic index of the food into consideration as you are good enough in counting the calories of the food you are taking .
The glycemic index, (GI) provides a measure of how quickly blood sugar levels (i.e. levels of glucose in the blood) rise after eating a particular type of food. The effects that different foods have on blood sugar levels vary considerably

A low-GI food will release glucose more slowly and steadily, which leads to more suitable postprandial (after meal) blood glucose readings. A high-GI food causes a more rapid rise in blood glucose levels and is suitable for energy recovery after exercise or for a person experiencing hypoglycemia.

So go for low G.I food which good for diabetics
with your weight , glucose levels , lipid levels in good range you need not worry about any complications.

Feel free to contact me for further queries
Thank you