Type 2 diabetes patient. Having severe hunger pain and diarrhea. What could be the reason?

I woke up this morning with sever hunger pain. Then after eating had diarrehea and b owl movements for 5 hours I have taken Nexium. I have type 2 diabetes and six years ago had halicobacter pyolitis (ithink thats how it spelt) Now I get hunger pains less than two hours after eating. I am 72 years old female
Posted Sun, 24 Nov 2013 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Shehzad Topiwala 7 hours later
Brief Answer: Diabetes Detailed Answer: do you take any medication for diabetes ?
Follow-up: Type 2 diabetes patient. Having severe hunger pain and diarrhea. What could be the reason? 7 hours later
yes I take diamocron mr slow release 2 x 60mg XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Shehzad Topiwala 28 minutes later
Brief Answer: Low Blood Sugar possibility Detailed Answer: Diamicron can cause low sugar reactions. Low glucose levels in the blood can give rise to symptoms like extreme hunger pangs. Check your HbA1c and also finger-stick glucoses before meals and then 1-2 hours after eating. Obviously check your sugar when you get the hunger pangs and see if the value is below 70 mg/dl. If this is the case then eating something usually takes care of the symptoms. If it is not a low sugar reaction then other causes may need to be pursued by a Gastroenterologist