Type 2 diabetes. Having frequent urination and feeling fatigued. What should be done?

Yes I have type 2 diabetes for the last 6 weeks I have to urinate every 10 mins but only a little comes out I had a full blood work 6 months ago and everything was fine what can this be my sugar has been running 150 and I'm always fatigue and weak my legs hurt to get them massage and I'm only 43 years of age!
Posted Tue, 13 Nov 2012 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 29 minutes later

Welcome to XXXXXXX
As diabetes is under control, urinary disorders need to be ruled out.
Bloods usually do not reveal anything significant.

The evaluation includes---

1. Urine analysis.
2. Urine culture to check for infection.
3. Ultrasound scan to look for stones.
If all these are ruled out, treatment for OVERACTIVE BLADDER is needed and that will solve the issue.

Weakness/ fatigue may be due to muscle and nerve problems related to diabetes. Only strict diabetic control and lifestyle changes are necessary.