Type 2 diabetes. Agent Orange exposure. Had cyst removed from testicles. What does brown sperm mean?

What does it mean when your sperm is brown.I am a Viet Nam Vet with 21/3 years in country Two years ago,I had a cyst removed from my right testicle,at the VA Hospital at White River VT
Posted Mon, 8 Jul 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 57 minutes later
Hi and thanks for the query,

The interpretation of brown semen should take a few things into consideration. Normal semen should be whitish towards clear, but after 2 to 3 hours, it can liquify and the color changes. secondly, depending on factors like frequency of sexual intercourse, diet and exercise, temporal changes in the color of semen can be observed, but semen turning brown.

Brown semen should be either due to liquified blood in the semen or an infectious process. In men, the commonest infection that could change the color of semen is prostatitis, an infection of the prostate gland. however, this infection is accompanied by other signs and symptoms like fever, pain on sitting in the perineal area, sexual dysfunction and difficulties in urinating.

You might have to present a sample of this semen, probably on the request of your urologist if necessary after a proper clinical evaluation. I strongly you consult a urologist for proper check up and management.

Do not hesitate asking further questions if need be. Wishing you the best of health and best regards,

Bain LE, MD.