Type 1 diabetic. Got stung by a wasp. What should I do?

My mom is 165 lb type 1 diabetic and just got stung by a wasp. We put tobacco and lavender on it, but she said it burns and seems to not be going away. What do I do?
Posted Fri, 20 Jul 2012 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 33 minutes later

Thanks for the query

I am not sure of the treatment you have given. Since she is a Type 1 Diabetic she is at a higher risk of developing infections like cellulitis secondary to the wasp sting. She should be on anti-inflammatory agents like levocetrizine and also pain killers like aceclofenac. Depending on how bad the wasp sting is I would start a course of antibiotic empirically.
I strongly recommend you to see a physician for the same and not administer home remedies in this particular case.

I hope I have answered your query, if you have no further ones please accept my answer

I wish her a speedy recovery