Tying to conceive after miscarriage. Is it dangerous to take duphston prior to ovulation?

May 2013
Hi there.....I am tying to conceive after two miscarriages am on duphaston tablets to regulate my periods. I take them day 15 to 30. I got my periods on day 26 last cycle and was told to continue taking duphaston to day 30. Today would be day 15 if counting day 1 as first day of my last period I.e. day 26 of last cycle. Should I start on tablets again today or wait 4 days? Also is there any danger taking duphaston pior to ovulation?
Posted Tue, 4 Dec 2012 in Getting Pregnant
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 20 minutes later

Actually better to stop the progesterone pills during menstruation as they are not having any role at that time.
Usually these pills are kept to maintain the luteal phase of the menstrual cycle and to help in implantation if the pregnancy occurs.
So better to take the pills in post-ovulatory period after tracking the ovulation either by ovulation kit or by method etc.
Now in this cycle you start the pills today as it is 15th day and the previous cycle you had was of shorter length.
Plan intercourse around this period.
Taking one or two tablets just before ovulation may not cause much harm.
If you conceive in this cycle it is good, if not from next cycle onwards track the ovulation and then take the tablets in post-ovulatory period.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.