Two white patches on face, one patch on leg with white hair, wants to take medication. Treatment ?

I have recently shifted mumbai from delhi. After shifting mumbai just 2 months ago I got two white patches on face and one white on leg with white hair. So I'm confused that how to stop it and how to remove white patches which are there on body. Could you please suggest something. Why it happened ? What are the things I need to avoid and medication I should take. Please suggest
Posted Sat, 14 Apr 2012 in Pigmentation Problems
Answered by Dr. Rohit Batra 23 hours later

Going by your history that you have developed a couple of white patches with white hair, it seems that it might be vitiligo.

There are many conditions like Vitiligo, P XXXXXXX LSA(Lichen Simplex Chronicus) etc.. which might present as white patches without itching. A detailed examination is a must and you should not delay a dermatologist's opinion.

All the conditions mentioned by me are easily treatable especially in early stages.

It would have been easier for me to give you a likely diagnosis if you could please send us a picture of your lesions.

I hope i have answered your query.I will be available for follow up.

Dr.Rohit Batra