Two uteri, want to have children. What should I do?

May 2013
I have 2 uterus. I developed this when I was 22.. I have a uterus that developed a tissue membrane wrapped around my original uterus, thus developing into 2 fully functioning uteri. I am 30 years old and want to have children. What should I do?
Posted Wed, 3 Oct 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 3 hours later

Usually two uteri are seen in case of uterus didelphys or double uterus which is a congenital anomaly.
According to your description it should be possibly endometriosis in which the endometrial layer grows outside the uterus.
So you may be having additional endometrial layer outside the uterus as part of endometriosis and that is also functioning as original uterus.
If so, you once consult gynecologist and undergo ultrasound.
In the scan the possibility and extent of the endometriosis can be noted.
Then depending on that you can go for treatment.
If only limited tissue is there medical treatment may help, if not you can go for laparoscopy which can serve diagnostic and therapeutic purpose.
Depending on the extent of the lesion during laparoscopy they can excise or vaporize the tissue.
After completion of the treatment your chances of fertility can improve as your original uterus will be relieved of endometriosis cover.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.