Two stent in heart, irregular beats. Pacemaker recommended?

I got irragular beats. I am 65, 5'.7.5"
I had two stent in my heart. I like to get a face maker
Please reply the cost etc
Posted Fri, 13 Apr 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 16 minutes later

If your heart rate remains irregular even after giving shock treatments then having a pacemaker is the only option left for you.

Regarding the cost of the treatment, it depends on the place and varies from hospital to hospital. The total cost of medicines, duration of stay in the hospital are also variable according to the associated problems and complications. The cost also varies with the type of pacemaker fitted and the procedure undertaken.

The average cost in USA will be around 40,000$ and if it is in India,Thailand,Mexico it will be around 8 to 12,000$

Your treating physician can give you the best estimate of your expenses after a careful assessment.
I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.