Two months pregnant, urine infection, on rantac-d. Safe to take niftas medication ?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
i m two month pregnant can i take niftas 100mg for urinal infection
and also taking Rantac-d
Posted Fri, 20 Apr 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Aashish Raghu 26 minutes later

Thanks for query.

Are you having burning sensation on passing urine ?

Any back pain ?

It is best that you consult a Doctor if you feel you have pregnancy it can be complicated and can cause kidney infection as well. You should get urine tested for the kind of organism causing and also get ultrasound if you have back pain. There can also be urinary stone so please do get a checkup.

Rantac-d is given for stomach acidity. Avoid coffee, spicy, oily food. Avoid lying down immediately after eating food but lie down only after 2 hours. You may recline at 45 degrees with head end up till then.

Usually your Doctor would recommend Ampicillin or Amoxycillin for urinary infection in pregnancy. In such cases of kidney infection, Niftas cannot be used to treat.

Niftas can cause bleeding problem so it should not be given after 38 weeks pregnancy.

It is better that you consult your Doctor in this regard to prevent unnecessary unavoidable side effects.

Drink plenty of water. Eat plenty of fresh fruits and XXXXXXX leafy vegetables. These help to reduce the symptoms of urinary infection.

I hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries.