Twitching on the arm and elbow, numbness on the face. Is it due to the smoking?

i am feeling an odd sensation in my right arm, and have been all day. i've been smoking more that usally and im wondering if the twichy (it also feels like there is light pressure pushing down on the back side of my elbow) feeling might be related to that, and if i should be worried. also sometimes after smoking or being awake late at night my face feels numb.
Posted Wed, 2 May 2012 in Smoking and Alcohol Addiction
Answered by Dr. Sujeet N Charugulla 13 minutes later
Hello and thanks for your query,

I shall make an effort to provide you with good professional recommendations specific to your questions.

The nervous symptoms that you are currently experiencing in your right arm, right elbow region and the face would need correlation properly with a little more of your medical history.

Do reply with these questions and also add any other medical history of the past.
Explain your smoking in detail - Type, number and duration needs a look.
Your dietary habits?
Any physical injuries/accidents, etc?

If nothing is significant, a common condition like neuropathy needs review after examining other dermatomes on your body. Common causes include chronic smoking, vitamin b complex deficiencies etc. As you are very young, this condition can be promptly reversed if you start caring now.

I would suggest you to get help with quitting smoking, and adopt a healthy lifestyle. And eat a lot of greens in the diet. Most probably, if advise in here will not work - you would need some injections of vitamin b preparations if your doctor too thinks so. And you should be fine soon.

Let me know if I have missed out any other concern in your question.

Yet again, I duly appreciate your query to me, I do hope that you have found something useful to help you and I shall be glad to answer any further apprehensions.

Dr Sujeet N Charugulla,
Consultant Physician.
Follow-up: Twitching on the arm and elbow, numbness on the face. Is it due to the smoking? 35 minutes later
ive been smoking hookah for about 4hrs a day for the last week, im not sure if you are familiar with hookah, its water cooled tobacco coated in glycerin, and molasses and heated till it evaporates.
my diatery habits have been poor this week, i dont eat very structured meals, and just snack mostly.
i have zero medical history other than typical dentist visits and such.
my first thought when i had these feelings in my arm is that it was some kind of nerve stimulation caused my the tar, and carbon monoxcide.
Answered by Dr. Sujeet N Charugulla 40 minutes later
Thanks for the details.

Yes, now I am certain that tobacco indeed is the cause of the neurological issues now. You would have to get in line with my advice lest you would a long journey with doctors and hospital visits.

Decide promptly and act quick.