Twitch in eye, headache, tenderness on nasal bridge

I have a twitch in my left eye that has been going on for a couple of days and now I am getting a headache coupled with a tender/bruised feeling on my nasal bridge.
Posted Sun, 26 Aug 2012 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 5 hours later
Twitches are small, local, involuntary muscle contraction and relaxation visible under the skin arising from the spontaneous discharge of a bundle of skeletal muscle fibers. These are mainly benign contractions and are seen due to electrolyte imbalance, vitamin B complex deficiency, anxiety and stress or mild hormonal disturbance. Since all your symptoms are mild, i would recommend you to take a mild pain killer like acetaminophen for headache. You can start with electrolyte XXXXXXX fluids like oralyte orally. Taking plenty of fluids orally and vitamin B complex supplements should help in resolving the symptoms over next 4-7 days.
In case the symptoms persist then consulting a physician to rule out any systemic disorders is advisable.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.