Twisted back, CAT scan, poor walking. Vascular problems?

hi i thought i twisted my back I have had a cat scan, spine is ok at the time i was in exsteme pain for 3 hours the pain went but i now cant walk more than 20 yards without great pain in my hip doc suggests vascular problems gave up smoking 30years ago can you help? XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
Posted Tue, 24 Apr 2012 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 57 minutes later

I consider there to be no fractures or any dislocations, as you can walk which would be impossible with a fracture or dislocation.This fact is well supported by the CT report.

I suspect it to be a ligamental stretch you sustained , which does present with pain like you have.Need not worry it is self limiting and heal soon if assisted with some bed rest.It may take 2 to 3 weeks on extreme.

Vascular defects can also be a cause here but I consider it to be second suspect to ligamental injury.

Do apply Diclofenac gel over the affected part , this will alleviate the pain .Give it some rest , which will help in recovery.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.