Turn head only on right side when laying. How can I resolve this? Safe?

Pediatrician
Question
My 7 week old daughter has this thing where she only want to yurn her head to the right side when laying or even during tummy time. How can I resolve this? My husband sometimes gently turns her head to the left when shes laying down. Is this safe? Also is this normal for a 7 week old to do?
Posted Mon, 26 Aug 2013 in Child Health

Answered by Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal 1 hour later

Thank you for your query.

It is very common for infants to keep their head to one side. This is not going to have any effect later in life. Even though you may turn the head to the other side the child will usually revert back to the original position. Hence you need not worry about your daughter.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction. Please feel free to revert back in case you need any clarifications or if you would like to share more facts.

Wishing your daughter all the best.

Rajiv K Khandelwal
http://goo.gl/SuCjl

Follow-up: Turn head only on right side when laying. How can I resolve this? Safe? 46 minutes later
You're very kind, thank you! All the best to you :-)

Answered by Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal 2 hours later

Thank you for the kind words. It is good that I have been of help to you.

Please feel free to revert back for any clarifications.

In case you intend closing this query then do provide a feedback, the option of which is present on this platform.

Wishing your daughter all the best.

Rajiv