Ask a Urologist   »  

Tunnel formed on the circumcised penis after bursting a pimple. No STD. What else it could be?

I have a tunnel or burrow with two open holes that are maybe 3-4 millimeters apart. I believe that this appeared a couple months ago after i had tried to pop a small hard pimple that was on the top of my penis. The location is very close to where you can see I was circumcised when I was a child. After a certain amount of time, this tunnel seems to build rise up or almost fill up some. If I then proceed to squeeze the skin area between these openings a small amount of white, pus-like substance will come out. It has no smell and does not hurt. I know this is a tunnel because I was able to slide a small needle completely through it. I am not sexually active, and I have been tested for STD's. What could this be, and how can I get ti to go away. On the attached picture you can see a slight raise with the two small holes. It is kind of hard to see but if you zoom in you should have an idea. I figured over time it would just close up completely but this has never happened.
Posted Sun, 7 Apr 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 2 hours later
Hi and thanks for the query,
Thanks for the image too. The furrow is similar to that seen in malformation certainly a sinuses of urethral fistula.
Fistulography would be important in a making a definitive diagnosis. Consulting a urologist could be of utmost importance.
Thanks and best regards.
Feel free asking further questions if need be.
Follow-up: Tunnel formed on the circumcised penis after bursting a pimple. No STD. What else it could be? 4 hours later
This resides on the top of my penis. Could you explain this a little more to me? Are you saying it is a malformation of a sinus or urethral fistula? What is fistulography? Is there any topical cream or ointment I should use? This is not something I was born with. Could it be due to having a small tear that healed differently? Please explain a little more in depth.
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 5 hours later
Hi and thanks for the query,
a fistula means an abnormal connection existing between two tube like structures and a sinus means an abnormal condition existing between a tube like structure in the body and an epithelium like the skin. Fistulography means we put a colored XXXXXXX in one area and check to see whether it comes out in the other area to actually prove that these areas are connected.
Treatment cannot be through creams. A proper diagnosis must be made an appropriate treatment instituted. I some rare conditions, surgical treatment might be involved.
Taking an appointment with your urologist is a good idea.
Thanks and best regards,
Luchuo, MD.