Tumour like bumps between wrist and hand, kidney pain. What can be the reason for fever?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I have painful tumor like bumps that appeared a few days ago. Along with it came kidney pain that wont ago away no matter how much water i drink. I have these bumps: one between my wrist and hand, one just below my ankle and one on my knee. I have also noticed a fever and im really tired. What happened!?!?
Posted Sun, 24 Jun 2012 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
The symptoms you are having are likely to be a generalized viral infection. Renal infections and renal calculi also need to be ruled out after a urine test and ultrasound.
Right now you can start with acetaminophen round the clock to take care of your symptoms. You can take a urine alkalinizing agent like disodium hydrogen citrate
You would also need a course of antibiotics like ciprofloxacin. However, it would be best if we get a urine culture and sensitivity done in order to identify the bacterium and know which antibiotic it is susceptible to.
Since these are prescription drugs, I would suggest you see your physician for the same. With this treatment, I think you should be good in about 1 week.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Follow-up: Tumour like bumps between wrist and hand, kidney pain. What can be the reason for fever? 2 hours later
That would account for the large bumps under my skin? Ive also have had REALLY bad dizziness and headaches and even nosebleeds. Would a kidney infection account for all of that, i had them before and the pain is fimilar but the rest isnt.
Thanks for writing again.
The dizziness and headaches can be due to a generalized viral infection or electrolyte imbalances.
The large bumps under your skin need to be examined directly for a proper diagnosis. It would be helpful if you could upload a close picture of the lesions in the box provided to upload reports.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.