Tumor in ovary. Done Value Unit, CT scan oh whole abdomen, ultrasound, urine test. Reported big size. Help?

OBGYN, Gynecologic Oncology
Looking for Oncologist, for consult regarding a doubt of having tumor in ovary. we are done with following test already so far: Value Unit, CT scan oh whole abdomin, ultrasound, Urine test, culture test. Also we are done with following blood test in regard with same AFP, bHCG ,LDH and CEA. reports size is little big so am unable to upload on link. We will share the same through email. Also we also like to have a call with consult doctor.

+000- 0000
Posted Fri, 20 Apr 2012 in Cervical and Ovarian Cancer
Answered by Dr. Manjunath L Ramarajapalli 5 hours later

The reports of CA-125 and LDH, CEA, AFP, bHCG are all normal, but CT scan is showing bilateral complex adnexal masses.

Probably she may need surgical treatment with frozen section examination.

Hope I have answered your query. Please write back if you need further assistance.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

With regards.
Follow-up: Tumor in ovary. Done Value Unit, CT scan oh whole abdomen, ultrasound, urine test. Reported big size. Help? 16 hours later

Thanks for your response !!!

Patient is my brother's wife, and they recently got married in the month of December. She used to have pain in periods, but not now. Recently she got pain and we have done all these test which all are been already shared with you.

Surgery which u recommending, will be what sort of surgery also, what will be the effect of that surgery on their married life.

Also, if there any other way to get cure apart from surgery.

Sir, one more thing you were saying something about bilateral complex adnexal masses what exactly is this, is it some sort of tumor or ??

Looking forward for your early response

Thanks for your support

Answered by Dr. Manjunath L Ramarajapalli 1 hour later

If the pain is not present for now you can wait. Surgery can be postponed for some time. Meanwhile she may be given high dose oral contraceptives for 3 months to suppress ovarian function (although I doubt this will work as the computerized tomography scan shows mixed density lesion in bilateral adnexa, tubo ovarian masses).

Surgery can be done to remove the masses, however the nature of the tumor, grading and staging and clinical co-relation is required before the treating doctor takes any further suggestion.

The outcome of the surgery may have an effect on the marriage and also on the child bearing.

Surgery need not be the only option to this. Medical management is possible too but the treating doctor should know as to what treatment modality suits the patient best.

The adnexal masses seem to be tumor as suggested in the computerized tomography report.

Hope I have been of help. Hope I answered all your questions. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries. Wish you Good Health.