Tube cancer stage3. Had surgery and chemo. On aspirin and vitamins. Is there any cancer prevention drug?

I have tube cancer stage3 and had surgery and chemo 12 months ago. My 3 month markers since have been in normal range. I have been taking daily aspirin and vitamins only since. Is there any other cancer prevention drug I could be taking? I have continually asking about trials I could be involved in Australian but have told there is none. Is this true?
Posted Sat, 9 Nov 2013 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Indranil Ghosh 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
No other drug required at this point

Detailed Answer:
You have already received proper treatment for your disease. There is no specific drug in this scenario which can prevent relapse. you can continue taking the aspirin. Vitamins also have no proven role. Prolonged vitamin usage may have harmful effects on cancer also. I don't think there is any trial which can enrol 12 months after definitive treatment, so that is out of the question.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer further followup queries, if any.
Follow-up: Tube cancer stage3. Had surgery and chemo. On aspirin and vitamins. Is there any cancer prevention drug? 20 hours later
My Brother has been diagnosed with Muir Torres Syndrome from a skin cancer and he also has bladder cancer. I had a stage 2 skin cancer removed last year from my head. I had genetic testing for BRA 1&2 which showed an atypical abnormality on my BRA1 (sent OS but no info that can say it is related to my cancers) should I have genetic testing for Muir Torres Syndrome and can a GP prescribe me the acne medication being used as a protection for this syndrome. I am aware of the side effect but am keen to stage ASAP.
Answered by Dr. Indranil Ghosh 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Thanks for followup

Detailed Answer:
You should certainly have testing for Muir Torres syndrome. If it is positive then we can think of what to do next. Also as BRA1 is abnormal, you should have yearly evaluation of your breasts by mammogram and preferably MRI.
Hope this answers your queries.