Trying to overcome the craving for alcohol. Prescribed Chonidine HDL. Better medication to fight alcohol detox?

I and trying to overcome the craving for alcohol. My Doctor prescribed "Chonidine HDL".
Can that be aided by "Passion Flower"? I read that somewhere.
Or is there a better medication to fight alcohol detox? Thank you very much.
Posted Sun, 20 Oct 2013 in Drug Abuse
Answered by Dr. Payman Hajiazim 8 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Passion flower tea is good.

Detailed Answer:
Hi there, thanks for asking. Passion flower can help for sure. You can ask your doctor to prescribe a medication from the class of benzodiazepine to treat the anxiety which happens after alcohol discontinuation. He will check you liver test and then will give it to you. Clonidine also help not to have craving. However, your blood pressure should be checked since it may drop with clonidine. You can also take magnesium supplement and also take vitamin B1. Let me know if you have any question.