Trying to increase weight. Blood test done. What dose the value suggest?

I am 39y Male wt 69kg 180cm My blood reports are mpv 11.1 serum creatinine 1.4,BUN is 12 GTT Fasting 76mg,1/2h 106mg 1 h 108mg 1 & 1/2 70mg 2 h is 72mg and 2& half is 60mg
My problem is I am unable increase my wt,what consultation for the above reports
Posted Fri, 9 Nov 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 1 hour later
Thanks for writing in to Healthcare Magic!
The body proportion normalcy indicator is Body Mass Index(BMI). The range of normal BMI is 18.5 to 24.9. Your is BMI 21.29.
I think this BMI is the dream of most of the men and women around the globe and mankind is spending crores and crores to get this type of BMI.
Our body is in a dynamic equilibrium with the environment and our life style and tries to remain in best stage to remain most compliant to challenges of the early affairs.
Any interference with your spontaneous weight would bring new challenges, another thing is it is unnecessary.
Please let me know why do you want a higher weight.
I am seeing that your creatinine is a bit on higher level.
I would like that you get your BP checked and get an ultrasound of abdomen for the status of the kidneys.
If you have any further query please let me know I would try to answer it for you.
Wish you a great health!
Follow-up: Trying to increase weight. Blood test done. What dose the value suggest? 43 minutes later
Dear Dr XXXXXXX Thanks for your kind reply,
Is there any problem in my mpv value is it normal?,I wanted to increase wt becuse every one says I am loosing wt day by day and looking very lean,but actulally I was weighing 74kg in 2002 and now my wt is 69kg.I do every day walking,shuttle and follow a good balnced diet always. I have lost wt due to my healthy life style or do Ihave any health problem is my doubt.?
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 4 hours later
Welcome back to Healthcare Magic Physician's Desk!
5kg weight loss over 10 years looks like a well planned weight loss.
Have a re-look in these years, try to remember minute details, try to compare with life before 2002.
If your life has become hectic, you have started/increased your exercise schedule or you have willingly cut down on fats/fattening foods/switched towards healthy foods or changed your feeding behaviour as compared to your earlier time.
One major event of this time is marriage and children, these are vital parts of life which change the dynamics of life toward hectic one without one's knowledge.
If you have energy, no fever, no cough, no urinary problems and have not fell ill during this past period and have good appetite then you are most likely a healthy person with a healthy weight loss and a golden BMI, I would highly recommend to maintain here. Keep a record every 6months from here and if further drop in weight we may need to look into more deeply.
Time being get the basic battery of tests Ultrasound of abdomen, a Chest Xray, a urine microscopy and culture examination, a CBC, CRP, ESR, Thyroid profile and A repeat RFT just to make sure that there is nothing wrong.
I hope the report would be fine only and you will not have to worry.
Wish you a great health!