Trying to grow taller. Is there a supplement that will help achieve height?

Hi, Im trying to grow taller, is there a supplement or anything out there that will help me achieve that?
Posted Thu, 12 Apr 2012 in Genetics
Answered by Dr. Shehzad Topiwala 52 minutes later
Hello and thanks for query.

Growth hormone treatment is approved for short stature.

Pediatric endocrinologists are most qualified to perform a thorough evaluation for this condition and seek for any potentially treatable causes of short height. They are in the best position to decide if growth hormone treatment will be beneficial or not.

Typically, at age 18, the prospects of growth hormone having impressive results is unlikely.

There are no supplements proven to increase height. Just a balanced diet with adequate nutrition suffices. But medical conditions that prevent optimum height from being attained may require special nutritional management.

Growth hormone is not only expensive but also has potential side effects and hence must be used with due caution. Some hormonal deficiencies like testosterone deficit responds to appropriate treatment but again a formal endocrine assessment (physical examination and complex laboratory testing) for this is necessary before embarking upon treatment.

Hope this answers your query. Let me know if you have any further doubts, I will be glad to assist you further.

Follow-up: Trying to grow taller. Is there a supplement that will help achieve height? 7 hours later
how about all these supplements online, for example HGH advanced, genf20 plus, ghr1000, secratatropin?
Answered by Dr. Shehzad Topiwala 2 hours later
Hello and thanks again,

These are not proven to be safe and effective scientifically. Many such claims are fraudulent and unfounded.

Online scams are rampant in this area.

HGH (Human Growth Hormone) is a powerful hormone and should be used extremely judiciously only by experts who are licensed to use it correctly.

Hope this answers your query. Let me know if you have any further queries. If I have answered all your queries, please close this discussion.

Wish you good health.