Trying to get pregnant. Scanty blood flow during periods. Done with blood work. Is my report normal?

May 2013
We are looking to get pregnant. I have had short lighter periods for the past 3 months. My cycles now last 2-3 days and are more obvious when I wipe. My blood work was done on the last day of my last period and were:
LH: 4.2
FSH: 7.5
TSH: 1.58
Do these look normal?
Posted Mon, 11 Nov 2013 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 37 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Levels almost normal

Detailed Answer:
The normal levels of hormones can differ from lab to lab.
But if we consider the general reference values, your profile is normal.
Scanty blood flow during periods is called hypomenorrhea. The possible causes for it in your case are :
- Anemia, decreased hemoglobin levels.
- Low body fat, excessive exercises, change in dietary habits can lead to this.
-Uterine problems like presence of adhesions etc.
So with your doctor's advice, you once go for ultrasound and hemoglobin level estimation.
If everything is normal, taking nutritional supplements can help in increasing the flow.
Then you can track the ovulation and can plan intercourse around that period.
This will increase the possibility of pregnancy.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer followup queries. If you are satisfied with the answer, please give your review at the end of the discussion.