Trying to get pregnant. Noticed small tissue pieces in urine. Is this something serious?

HIV AIDS Specialist
I think that I have a UTI, but I have seen small tissue pieces in the toilet after I urinate. I also have been trying to get pregnant so there is a possibility, although it is so early that I have not yet had my missed period. I am wondering if the tissue is coming from the UTI or if this could be related to a possible pregnancy. I feel no lower abdomen or back pain. If the tissue is a result from a UTI is it something that is serious? Will this go away in time, or will I need an antibiotic to knock it out? I'm sure the response will be to go to my doctor, but I work full time and have two kids and it is so difficult to get the time. Thanks in advance!
Posted Mon, 20 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 1 hour later
Welcome to XXXXXXX

Tissue threads in urine is indicative of urethritis or presence of pus cells in your urine. If it is found more than 5, you are having urethritis or UTI. Subsequently your physician orders for culture and sensitivity test for both specific and nonspecific organism and also a tissue smear examination. According to the outcome of the results your treatment will be decided.

It will not interfere you become conceived, but if it associated with other reproductive tract infection like cervicitis then it may likely interfere with your fertility.
Your physician will be able to guide you better after an examination and with investigatory results.
Wish you good luck to conceive soon.
DR S.Murugan