Trying to get pregnant. Had implanon taken out. Missing period. What is going on?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - May 2013
May 2013
Question
I'm trying to get pregnant but I had my implanon taken out I haven't had a period this month of April but last month I had it for two weeks
Posted Tue, 14 May 2013 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 1 hour later

After removal of implanon it will take some time for regularization of the periods.
As your period is delayed in this month, go for pregnancy test once.
If the test comes positive it is good.
If it comes negative, wait for one more week possibly by that time you will get periods.
If you do not get periods after one week consult gynecologist and take tablets for withdrawal bleeding.
After that track your ovulation with kit and plan unprotected intercourse around the time of ovulation. This will increase the possibility of pregnancy.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.

Follow-up: Trying to get pregnant. Had implanon taken out. Missing period. What is going on? 42 minutes later
Will I took a test already and it was positive then I wanted to make sure and took another one and said negative so I'm really confuse about it..,

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 39 minutes later
The test results of urine pregnancy test kits may vary depending on many things like sample used, time taken to read the result etc.
For more details:http://srsree.blogspot.in/2012/05/pregnancy-tests.html
So you once consult gynecologist and go for blood test for pregnancy or ultrasound which can give more accurate results in early pregnancy compared with urine test.
Wish you Good Health, If you are satisfied with my response please rate the answer after closing the discussion.