Trying to concieve. Have hypothyroidism, taking thyronorm. Is using coconut oil safe during sex?

Jun 2015

we use coconut oil during intercourse and i am trying for pregnanacy. is coconut oil safe? or will it affect pregnanacy. its been 6 months since we are married and these days i get periods every month very regularly. I have hupo thyroidism and am taking thyronorm 25 mg every days since an year. Wil it decrease my chance of pregnanacy
Posted Sat, 29 Jun 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Polash Sannigrahi 53 minutes later

1. Use of coconut oil as a lubricant during sexual intercourse is completely safe.
It is a natural product & does not have any adverse effect on the sperms.

2. Regarding the problem of Hypothyroidism, you are correct regarding the fact that any abnormality in the levels of Thyroid hormone can decrease the chances of pregnancy.
And as you are taking Thyronorm to maintain the thyroid status, there should be no problem with getting pregnant.

So, kindly consult your treating Doctor & get your Thyroid tests done once again to see their present levels & assess the success of treatment.

However, if all the tests including your partner’s sperm analysis are normal, & you still have difficulty in conceiving, then it will be better to consult a Gynecologist & get a proper clinical examination done.
Investigations like Ultrasound scan of the abdomen & pelvis will be helpful in detecting any pathology in the Reproductive system.

Wishing you a Good Health.
Please let me know if I need to clarify further.
Thanks & take care.