Trying to conceive,dull pain on right side,bloated stomach

Hi i am 31 years old. This is my first month trying for a baby. My period start date was 6 of July 2011 and I had sex on the 17 18 19 20 21 of July. I am 5 dpo and have a dull pain in right side and stomach feels bloated. Could i be pregnant or am I thinking to much about it?
Posted Tue, 1 May 2012 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms
Answered by Dr. Sumanth.P 23 minutes later

The timing of egg release is usually on 14thy day from the start of menstrual cycle in regular cycles.

Since your last periods started on july 6th, the probable ovulation date is on 19th and you would have conceived on that day.

Some women experience signs or symptoms of pregnancy with in a week of conception.

For other women the symptoms would develop over few weeks.

I suggest you to go for a urine pregnancy test initially after the missed periods and consult an obstetrician.

Hope I have answered your query. In case of any doubts, I am available for the follow ups.

Follow-up: Trying to conceive,dull pain on right side,bloated stomach 2 hours later
What other signs should I look out for except for missed period. Should I be secreting mucus and what should it look like?
Answered by Dr. Sumanth.P 11 hours later

Thanks for the follow up.

Vaginal discharge is occasionally the first sign and symptom noticed by many women.

Usually an increased vaginal discharge is noticed.

It is odourless and referred as white flow or leucorrhea.

It is generally milky white in color.

Other symptoms include, nausea with or without vomiting.

Fatigue, breast tenderness, frequent urination, abdominal cramping, nipple soreness, veins appearing on the breast, spotting or light bleeding about one week after unprotected sex.

Hope I have answered your query.