Trying to conceive, under treatment for progesterone, on duphaston. Have swollen clitoris and itching on labia, prescribed flucos

i am married and trying to conceive since 3 months. presently undergoing treatment for low progesterone on duphaston 10 mg for 20 days.. since my last three menstrual cycles i've been seeing yellowish odourloss discharge with swollen clitoris and severe itching on labia. my obgyn prescribed flucos 150 one tablet on the 5th day of menses. which helped until 2 weeks later it started all over. im applying clotrimazole gel locally . please advise. it is highly uncomfortable.
Posted Tue, 17 Sep 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
another course of anti-fungal is required

Detailed Answer:

You are being treated rightly. The medications prescribed to you are the correct ones.

In my view, the fungal infection has started again.

If I were your treating doctor, I would prescribe you another tablet of Flucos 150 now along with 4 tablets of Metronidazole. It seems like you have a simple uncomplicated vaginitis. Continue to apply the gel locally and also take your other medications as well regularly.

It is better to do a vaginal swab culture if the symptoms are persistent and recurring to treat the exact cause.

I wish you good luck and good health.

Let me know if you have more queries. Hope this information helps you.

Follow-up: Trying to conceive, under treatment for progesterone, on duphaston. Have swollen clitoris and itching on labia, prescribed flucos 5 minutes later
Thank you doctor. but as i've mentioned that im trying to conceive. my date of ovulation was 21st aug and i awaiting t confirm pregnancy. is it safe for me to take flucos with other prescribed medicines safely?
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
No, it is not safe

Detailed Answer:

In case you are probably pregnant now, it is not safe to take the drug Flucos now. Studies have showed its adverse effects on the fetus. So, in case, you think you are pregnant or you are highly suspicious that you are pregnant, please do not take this medicine.

You can continue the clotrimazole gel locally.

Take care!