Trying to conceive, twenty eight day cycle, tried unsuccessfully twice. Information on fertile days?

My husband and I have plans of having a baby soon, we tried twice but it was unsuccessful both the times, I am not sure when is the right time to conceive. Since marriage mine is a 28 day cycle mostly, Please help me with the date for maximum possibilities of the date.
Kindly let me know if you will need any other information.
Posted Mon, 7 May 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 21 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query

The chances of conception in a woman are high during the ovulation/fertile days which are 9 to 16 days in a regular 28 to 30 day cycle and the first day of the period is counted as day one. So if your cycle length is of 28 days your fertile days would probably fall between 10th to 16th days of menstrual cycle.
1) During fertile days you should try to have regular intercourse.

2) While having intercourse keep a pillow below the hips for better penetration.

3) Avoid getting up immediately after intercourse.

4) Avoid use of any lubricants and gels as they can decrease the swimming capability of sperms.

5) Since you are trying for baby you can consider taking Folic acid supplement once daily which is to be taken 3 months preconception and prevents any neural tube defect (abnormalities of brain) in the baby.

6) Have healthy balanced diet.

7) Avoid smoking and alcohol (if you any).

8) Drink lots of water.

9) Do regular exercise; even a daily walk is fine.

10) Avoid stress as it affects ovulation.

Apart from that a detailed examination and investigations as Blood test (which covers hormonal analysis, thyroid profile) and USG scan abdomen and pelvis can be done to rule out any uterine or ovarian causes.
Also your partner's sperm count analysis would be needful to rule out male causes.

Hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.