Trying to conceive, taking Chinese herbs and FertilAid. History of miscarriage

Infertility Specialist
Question
Dear Dr. Malpani,

Could you give any suggestion as i have been trying for about 8 months to conceive, have ovulation (charting the bbt) and normal 28 days cycle, but i'm almost 45 years old and most probably because of my age i can't conceive. I had been taking chinese herbs for 6 months. Now i'm taking FertilAid. I have one child, and miscarried at 12 weeks last year.

Thank you for your contribution.
Posted Fri, 21 Sep 2012 in Infertility Problem

Answered by Dr. Aniruddha Malpani 4 hours later
Dear XXXXXXX

Thank you for your query.

I am concerned about your advanced age. This suggests you may have poor ovarian reserve.

This would also explain the miscarriage you had last year.

Your next step is to do a clomid challenge test to assess your ovarian function ( reserve ).

This is the way to do the test.

Day 1 = day the bleeding of the period starts

On Day 3 , you need to do a blood test to measure your levels of FSH,LH,PRL and TSH; and AMH ( anti-mullerian hormone). Do this from a reliable lab please.

You need a clomiphene citrate therapy daily from Day 5 - Day 9.

Repeat the blood test for FSH again on Day 10 ; and then email me the reports.

If the Day 3 plus Day 10 FSH levels are less than 25, then we can try to do IVF with your own eggs.

If the Day 3 plus Day 10 FSH levels are more than 25, this suggests you have ovarian failure,
and that donor egg IVF would be your best treatment option, if you are willing to consider this.

A low AMH level will help to confirm this diagnosis.

You may want to know about poor ovarian reserve further. You can find it at this self written link, WWW.WWWW.WW
You can also test your antral follicle count by doing a vaginal ultrasound scan?

Time is now at a premium for you - please don't waste it ! You should never have any regrets that you left any stone unturned and didn't give yourself the best shot at fertility treatment. Treatment can be expensive, but a baby is priceless !

Taking treatment at a world-class clinic will maximize your chances of success and give you peace of mind you did your best !

We look forward to helping you to have a baby !

Dr Aniruddha Malpani, MD
Malpani Infertility Clinic, XXXXXXX XXXXXXX SBS Road, Colaba
Bombay 400 005. India

Follow-up: Trying to conceive, taking Chinese herbs and FertilAid. History of miscarriage 1 hour later
Dear Dr. Malpani,

Thank you very much for answering me although it's Saturday evening today.

I will search to do the tests you have adviced me, should i start the chlomide threatment with the coming period doing the tests simultaneously on day 3rd and day 10th, and what dosage of chlomide i should take.

I wanted to click on the 'I accept' button but unfortunately i was not able to find how to do it. I will try it again,

Wish you an enjoyable weekend

AAAA

Answered by Dr. Aniruddha Malpani 11 hours later
Dear XXXXXXX

You need to take 100 mg of clomid ( clomiphene citrate) from Day 5 - Day 9

This is the way to do the test.

On Day 3 , you need to do a blood test to measure your levels of FSH,LH,PRL and TSH; and AMH ( anti-mullerian hormone)

Take 100 mg clomiphene citrate daily from Day 5 - Day 9.

You can also test your antral follicle count by doing a vaginal ultrasound scan .
Read more at WWW.WWWW.WW
Dr Malpani