Trying to conceive, regular period, worms in the stomach. Can take mebendazole?

Hello mam, I got married an year back and now trying to conceive. I have regular periods. Today i got my periods and tomorrow (2nd day) my dr advised to take ccq 50 tablets . I have a doubt that whether i can take mebendazole tablet today a single dose, as i feel i have worms inside stomach. Will taking this mebendazole tablet today before taking ccq tablet tomo will affect trying to get pregnant. pls reply..
Posted Sat, 28 Apr 2012 in Getting Pregnant
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 4 hours later

If you take Mebendazole today and start taking clomiphene (ccq) from tomorrow, it is not likely to show any interactions and is not going to affect your fertility.
You can safely take a single dose of Mebendazole today.
Be careful not to take any repeat dose until your next periods.
Do follow your doctor's directions regarding the dosage schedule of Clomiphene and go for regular follow ups.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.

Follow-up: Trying to conceive, regular period, worms in the stomach. Can take mebendazole? 19 hours later
I m going to have ccq from 2nd day of period till 6th day. My dr advised to have intercourse between 12 - 16 days. Will it is enough to have intercourse daily once in these days? Whether i have to extend these days? My periods are regular with 30 days (2 days before it or 2 days later) cycle for 3 days..I m 26 yrs old and i m very eager to have a child. So pls give me some ideas for it and answer my queries. Thank you.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 9 hours later

Thanks for writing again.

The treatment advised to you is correct . You can have a daily intercourse on your likely days of ovulation- from day 9 to 16.

Once daily intercourse is sufficient to conceive.

Some simple measures which will help include-
1)Have regular intercourse without any stress.
2)Start taking Folic acid once a day. It prevents any neural defect in foetus.
3)While having intercourse keep a pillow under hips for better penetration.
4)Avoid getting up immediately after intercourse.
5)Avoid stress and have healthy nutritious diet and drink lots of water.

Hope my answer is helpful. Write back if you have further queries.