Trying to conceive, positive pregnancy test but ultrasound showed no uterus thickening. Could it be a chemical pregnancy?

Infertility Specialist
I have a question my last period was XXXXXXX 10th im TTC and so about the 24th I ovulated ? i am now 15 days past ovulating and have a positive test but I had an ultrasound done feb4th I would prob only be 3 weeks 5 days pregnant and the doctor saw nothing not even thickening of uterus lining so he said it might be a chemical pregnancy :s I have taken like 5 pregnancy tests all positive .... the second line is slightly lighter but not to light
Posted Sat, 21 Apr 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 2 hours later

Thanks for query.

It is difficult to see the gestational sac so early in ultrasound. Follow my advice that I have written below:

1) Get "serum beta hCG" blood test done. It is a sure method of confirming pregnancy.

2) This value of beta hCG double every 48 hours confirming the pregnancy even if sac no visualised in uterus.

3) Please ask gyecologist to look for ectopic pregnancy ( pregnancy outside uterus).

The above points will confirm everything remove your doubts.

I hope I answered your query. Please accept my answer if no more queries.