Trying to conceive. is epileptic and have long cycle. What to do?

Infertility Specialist
I have been married for the last 6 months, and we are trying since the last 3 months to conceive, but dont know the reason its not materialising, my wife gets her periods every 50 days and she is epileptic, we have consulted our pschiatrist and he has prescribed pregnancy friendly tablets for her, please let me know what might be the reason and how do we go about it.
Posted Sun, 6 Oct 2013 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 49 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Get your semen analysis and scan of wife

Detailed Answer:

I read your query and I understand your concerns.

Following is my reply:

1) Since you have been trying only for 3 months, you still can try naturally for another 3 months.

2) You have not mentioned your wife's age. If she is young and periods are once in 50 days, it could probably be due to Polycystic ovaries which can only be confirmed by ultrasound scan.

3) Since you are 38 yrs, you must be planning for pregnancy earlier without waiting. Hence I suggest you get your semen analysis done which is primary test, simple and easily done.

4) Please get ultrasound scan of your wife to confirm polycystic ovaries.

Let me know if you have anymore questions.

Dr. Mahesh Koregol
IVF & Infertility Specialist