Trying to conceive, have clogged tube. Prescribed clomiphene and metformin but metformin is for diabetes. Suggest?

hi my name is XXXXXXX i have a 7 year old child and now me and my newlywed husband are trying to conceive i have one clogged tube therefore it decreases my chances i went to see a doctor and she prescribed me clomiphene 50mg and metformin 500mg but i was wondering why did she prescribe me metformin if its for people with diabetes im confused and need an answer cuz weve been trying for over a year now and nothing has happenned????
Posted Mon, 22 Jul 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Ahmed Bahaa 35 minutes later
Hi, welcome to healthcare magic.

Your tube was blocked most probably because of the previous surgery.

Metformin is used in cases of polycystic ovary syndrome, and in cases resistant to clomiphene, so mabe the doctor uses it to induce better ovulation.

There are many missing data that will make me able to help you:
Your weight and height.
Your medical history.
Your hysterosalpingiography.
Your husband's recent semen analysis.
Your day 2 FSH, LH, TSH and prolactin.
Your previous medications and your response on them.
Your ultrasound picture.

If you send me these data I can answer all your questions and discuss with you the options of treatment.

I hope I have answered your query and I am waiting to know the results.

I wish you good luck and getting pregnant soon.

Good luck.
Dr. Ahmed Bahaa.