Trying to conceive, have back ache, swollen breasts, darkening nipples, vaginal discharge, nausea, fatigue. Optimal time for EPT test?

Question
ok my girl friend and i are trying to have a baby we had sex every day for about 3 weeks with out a condom she ovulated 8/9/12 and we had sex up unto 8/10/12 i probably came inside her like 4 times a day during that time frame, shes on a family trip in California right now has back ache swollen boobs darking of nipples vaginal discharge slippery thin and off white nausea no puking and fatigue, when is the optimal time for an ept test shes due for her period the 23rd
Posted Tue, 4 Sep 2012 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms

Answered by Dr. Neelam Ashish Vanjari 29 minutes later

Thanks for writing in.
Date of ovulation is 8/9/12; likely date of conception is within 24 hrs i.e 8/10/12.

Implantation, on the other hand, may take up to six days or more after conception. i.e 8/16/12.
The fertilized egg needs time to develop before it can actually implant in the womb. Therefore, the hCG hormone will not become present in urine until after the egg implants in the uterus - typically around a week after ovulation.

For earliest detection of pregnancy, use first morning urine, as this sample contains the most concentrated amount of hCG. If using first morning urine is not possible, avoiding urination for several hours before using a pregnancy test.

As implantation could be today i.e 8/16/12, you can take urine pregnancy test within 4 days as it can turn positive.
In addition to that, symptoms are of early pregnancy like low back ache, tender breast.

Even if now pregnancy test come negative in four days from now, I would recommend wait till periods get delayed and again repeat urine pregnancy test. This is because concentration of hCg- pregnancy hormone may vary for few individuals.

I hope I have answered your query. Feel free to revert back for further clarification.
Best regards,
Dr. Neelam.

Follow-up: Trying to conceive, have back ache, swollen breasts, darkening nipples, vaginal discharge, nausea, fatigue. Optimal time for EPT test? 12 minutes later
she should take a test tommorrow

Answered by Dr. Neelam Ashish Vanjari 2 hours later

Thanks for writing in.
Ask her to take a test on 8/18/12.
Even if test comes negative wait till her periods get delayed and repeat the test.

I hope I have clarified your doubt.
Best regards,
Dr. Neelam.