Trying to conceive, had unprotected sex. When can the pregnancy test be taken ?

Question
hi, me and my partner have had unprotected sex and have been trying to get a baby. Juss a week ago, we have had sex and he came inside of me. so i have been doing some research saying to lift up your feet for 30minutes.. so about 15-20minutes i put my feet down and usually his cums will drip down but it didn't. it was complete dried? so is it possible that i can be prego and how soon can i take a home pregnancy test. this is just not the first time he.came inside of me. anyways i just don't want to wait til my next period which is irregular .. any answers will help. thanks
Posted Wed, 27 Jun 2012 in Getting Pregnant

Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 49 minutes later

Welcome to XXXXXXX

Whether it will drip down or not, depends upon the quantity, your partner ejaculated inside you. With whatever quantity he ejaculated inside, you can become pregnant. But chances of pregnancy depends upon proximity of intercourse with day of ovulation.

For pregnancy test you should wait at least for 28 days from your previous date of menstrual period, and if it comes negative, can repeat it weekly.

As your menstrual cycles are irregular and you are trying to get baby, you should use Ovulation Prediction Kit to identify date of ovulation and have sex on the day of ovulation and for a couple of days thereafter. At least seven days abstinence from sex prior to ovulation day will improve quality of semen. This will increase chances of pregnancy. Just after intercourse, you should take some rest in bed itself. Pose which increase your abdominal pressure should be avoided.

Hope, you will be satisfied with the answer. If you have further query in this regard, feel free to ask.

With good wishes,

Follow-up: Trying to conceive, had unprotected sex. When can the pregnancy test be taken ? 34 hours later
Oh okayy..because my period has been weird this year..for example it starts this month skip the next month and starts after that..usually it will be every month..but I don't know why? Is it because my body is changing?
Follow-up: Trying to conceive, had unprotected sex. When can the pregnancy test be taken ? 6 hours later
Is it normal for my stomach above my belly button to be hurting?

Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 5 hours later

Welcome again,

Menstrual period does not skip due to changes in the body.

Each month a mature egg is released from either ovary alternatively. Menstrual period starts on 14th day after ovulation. During any month, if due to any reason egg is not released, menstrual period will also not occur. Thus delay in menstrual period can be due to delay in ovulation or due to pregnancy.

Stomach above your belly button can hurt during periods and nearby day of ovulation. If it is hurting throughout the cycle/month, then it is not normal.

Hope, you will be satisfied with the answer. If you have further query, I will be glad to reply. If you don't require further clarification, please accept the answer and rate it as per your satisfaction.

With good wishes,

Follow-up: Trying to conceive, had unprotected sex. When can the pregnancy test be taken ? 13 hours later
Thanks,for replying back..

How do I cure for shoulder blade..my right shoulder blade been hurting..usually when my back is hurting it means ima start my period soon?..but I want to find a good techic way to cure my shoulder blade(right side is always hurting.)

Welcome,

If your right shoulder blade hurts, only before menstrual period, there is nothing to be done. You can take simple analgesic tablet for that.

But if it hurts you always, then please get it examined by an Orthopedic Surgeon.

Problems with Gallbladder can also cause referred pain at right shoulder blade/tip. You can get sonography of your abdomen done to rule out any related problem in abdomen.

With good wishes,