Trying to conceive, had unprotected sex. Feeling angry fast and getting shortness of breath. Pregnant?

Question
my husband and i wanna get pregnant we had unproected sex for one week and i feel angry fast and i get shrotness of breath can i be pregnant?
Posted Sat, 22 Jun 2013 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 53 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX

I can understand your concerns XXXXXXX, but pregnancy to happen it needs time and all unprotected sex need not lead to pregnancy. You are not pregnant yet. However if the symptoms continue and you miss your period, you can get yourself tested for pregnancy.

There are so many factors for not getting pregnant. Stress is a big factor for not getting pregnant. If you are having regular unprotected sex for more than a year and not getting pregnant, then both you and your husband needs evaluation. Minimum tests are SEMEN analysis, hysterosalpingogram to test for tubal patency (to find no block of tubes) and ovulation tests. So I suggest you try to reduce stress, speak with your husband, and try having sex during fertile period i.e Day 12 to Day 16.
If you are overweight try reducing it.

If you are mensus are not regular you need medications for regularizing it. And some drugs for making you Ovulate.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow-ups. If you like my answer kindly rate my answer and write a review as well.

Thank you,
Wish you good health.

Dr Arif

Follow-up: Trying to conceive, had unprotected sex. Feeling angry fast and getting shortness of breath. Pregnant? 2 days later
Hi it's XXXXXXX here again!!! Well I know getting pregnant
Takes time but is there any way I can find out before
My period I had my period on may 11,2013 it's XXXXXXX the 1,2013
And I have been feeling naousa on and off but I drink sprite
It makes me feel better i have been angry for no reason on and off
With my hubby only feeling short of breath I don't know wat to do
Plz reply???

Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 16 hours later
HiXXXXXXX

Thank you for the followup query.

Pregnancy is detected based on hCG hormone levels; either urine or blood sample is tested to diagnose pregnancy. Well you also have ultrasound scans to detect pregnancy. Though we have these test, the accuracy of these test is doubtful in the very early stages of pregnancy. Hence my suggestions to wait until you miss your period and get tested.

At this point, I think as a couple you and your husband should know about FERTILE PERIOD, where the chances of pregnancy is very high. A woman is usually able to get pregnant for about 5 days each month, around the days when ovulation occurs. On average, ovulation occurs 12 to 16 days before the menstrual period begins. So ovulation would occur on about day 10 of a 24-day menstrual cycle, day 14 of a 28-day cycle, or day 21 of a 35-day cycle. Sperm can live for 3 to 5 days in a woman's reproductive tract. Therefore chances of pregnancy is high if intercourse is timed 2 to 3 days before ovulation.

Nausea and mood changes are common during premenstrual period. Presuming you were involved in unprotected sexual act during your ovulation days, you might be pregnant; however we would not be able to confirm it yet. Wait till your period days and thing will be clear.

Wish you good health.
Dr Arif
You can consult me again directly through my profile
WWW.WWWW.WW