Trying to conceive but no result. Have brown spotting. What could be the reason?

Infertility Specialist
Hi, My name is XXXX Iam 26yrs old and height 5" 6' inch. And married for 3 years. Iam try to conceive from 8 months but still no luck. Now adays Iam having a problem like Iam getting brown spottings from yesterday Oct 22nd night. Last time I got it the same way like on Oct 2nd i got the spottings and it was continued till Oct 8th and on 9th I started getting my periods and it was not heavy nor less and it stopped on Oct 15th. I have attached a word document were I have made a note of my dates in which Iam getting my periods and because of this Iam unable to know will am I ovulating.Request you to please let me why am I not conceiving.
Posted Fri, 8 Nov 2013 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 28 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:

I have read your query & I understand your concerns.

Following is my reply:

1) I understand you have irregular cycles hence you need evaluation b an infertility specialist for the same.

2) Please get Transvaginal scan to check if there is polycystic ovaries ( PCOS) due to which you are getting irregular cycles.

3) Ovulation occurs 14 days before cycles. Hence it is better if you get follicular growth scan ( FGS ) to check follicular growth and timing of ovulation.

4) Another option is to use ovulation predictor kit ( OPK ) i-sure for detecting ovulation by checking ovulation.

5) HSG ( Hysterosalpingogram ) has to be done for you to check tubal patency.

6) Check your husband's semen analysis and see if it is normal before subjecting yourself to more tests.

I hope I answered your query. I will be available for any followup queries you have.

Dr.Mahesh Koregol
IVF & Infertility Specialist.