Trying to conceive but no result. Further?

Infertility Specialist

My age is 32 and my wife age is 26.

We are un lucky for last 1.5 years for having kids . We would like to consult a doctor
Can you please advice us on how to proceed further.

Thanks ~XXXXX
Posted Sat, 14 Sep 2013 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Dattaprasad 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Investigations required

Detailed Answer:

For conception to occur, three basic things are required; 1. Normal semen analysis. 2. Normal uterus & patent(open) tubes (wife). 3. Regular egg formation in wife.

You can start from these three basic tests & proceed further according to reports of the tests.

You can get your semen checked after 2-3 days of sexual abstinence, wife can do one baseline ultrasound scan on 2nd or 3rd day of her menses & depending on its report, tubes can be tested by sonosalpingogram/hysterosalpingogram/laparoscopy; your doctors can decide the best test amongst these three. For egg formation wife can go for follicular study with ultrasound scan.

Further treatment required will depend on reports of these tests.

You can also upload results of tests for further advice.

Let me know if you have other concerns.