Trying to conceive and taken medication. No result. Done with follicular study and right side egg has ruptured. Chances of pregnancy?

Excellent

Infertility Specialist
Question
We were planning for our second child since last 1.5 years and after around 6 months there was no sign of pregnancy i sought helpt of my Gynaec who had done my first delivery. I was advised tablets but nothing happended, then I wasput on some fertlity tablets but still no sign finally last to last month we did Follicular study and accordingly the right side egg ruptured on 14th day but with no signs of pregnancy. Again I had my period last month and this time my doc had advised first sperm test which was absolutely normal and then advised HSG for me.In HSG it has been revealed that my left side tube is 3/4 of its length, though i don't understand more of the terminology, my doc advised laproscopy for me in the coming month. I want to understand is there any option or laproscopy is the only thing and what are the chances to conceive after carrying out this test.
Posted Thu, 19 Sep 2013 in Infertility Problem

Answered by Dr. Dattaprasad 50 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Laparoscopy is good option

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to XXXXXXX

I have gone through history. Laparoscopy is good option as it will make tubal status (including patency & health) clear.
If you are not prepared for laparoscopy right now, other option is to go for superovulation with IUI. In superovulation Medicines (Tablets & injections) are given to make two or more follicles in a cycle which increases chance of pregnancy.
IUI is processing husband's semen & putting it directly into uterus to increase chance of pregnancy.
Chances of conception after laparoscopy depend on status of tubes. If you have one/both tubes patent & healthy, there are good chances of pregnancy either naturally OR with minimal treatment.

Let me know if you have other concerns.

Awaiting reply.

Regards.

Follow-up: Trying to conceive and taken medication. No result. Done with follicular study and right side egg has ruptured. Chances of pregnancy? 38 minutes later
Doc, Thanks for your reply.

My right side tube is healthy and last to last month when follicular study was done, injection was given to me are you talking about the same. What are the chances of pregnancy with one tube being proper. Last month egg was ruptured at my right side. Please advise is there any way naturally to get pregnant.

Answered by Dr. Dattaprasad 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Natural pregnancy possible if tube is healthy

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back.
HSG just tells patency of tube, health can be ascertained by laparoscopy only. Regarding the injection you received; if you had received only one injection for follicular rupture, then its not superovulation. Also only one egg was formed. The aim of superovulation is to give slightly higher dose of Inj FSH to stimulate more than one follicle & normally 2-3 follicles should be formed for better chance of pregnancy.
If only one tube is open, chance of pregnancy is reduced by 50%.
Natural pregnancy is also possible even without medication, but in that case chance of pregnancy per cycle will be less & it might take long time to conceive.
Better option is to take some treatment & conceive early.
Pregnancy conceived after giving medicines or through IUI is also normal pregnancy.
For natural conception you can either go for laparoscopy & try to open other tube OR go for superovulation as I told earlier.

Let me know if you have other concerns.

Awaiting reply.

Regards.