Trying to conceive after miscarriage. Test showed DSDNA negative. Should I visit a rheumatologist?

Rheumatologist
Question
Hello Doctor,
I had two mis-carriages in the past i am ttc next month

I have received blood work from my general doctor & OBGYN

General Doctor did for Lupus testing twice with a gap of 8 wks XXXXXXX is -Ve but
DSDNA is equivocal/Intermediate mine is around 8 (<=4 Negative; 5 to 9 intermediate, >10 Positive)

My OBGYN did couple of other tests & told every thing looks good but have
MTHFR A1298C is Positive
I am curretly on folgard

My General doctor mentioned, since DSDNA is not Positive we can plan for kids, Do i need to be concerned or should i visit a rheumotologist?
Posted Wed, 23 Jan 2013 in Lupus

Answered by Dr. Divya Agarwal 5 hours later
From your blood work, the tests look fine as far as lupus is concerned,
But have you been worked up for antiphospholipid syndrome as that is an important concern in pregnancy.
You need to have your anti cardiolipid antibodies , lupus anti coagulant and b2glycoprotein done.
The ds DNA does not look significant.
Continue folic acid of course because of the mutation.

Conception should not be a problem but in case any of these come positive you might need to be started on aspirin.
Let me know if you have more questions
Wishing you all the best.

Follow-up: Trying to conceive after miscarriage. Test showed DSDNA negative. Should I visit a rheumatologist? 9 days later
Thanks for quick reply, I have just checked with my OBGYN Specialist

antiphospholipid syndrome, anti cardiolipid antibodies , lupus anti coagulant and b2glycoprotein are done & all are negative (all is good)

What does this DS DNA means, Why is it indeterminate for me? Do i need to visit a rheumotologist ? For my results do i need to be worried or take any medication ?
Can it cause miscarriage for pregnancy or any complications during pregnancy ?

My results for XXXXXXX is -Ve but
DSDNA is equivocal/Intermediate mine is around 8

I am on Folgard (because of 2 copies of A1298C Homogyzos) could this be the reason for prior miscarriages ?

Answered by Dr. Divya Agarwal 10 hours later
It's great that the antiphospholipid is negative.

The ds DNA does not hold much value in light of a negative XXXXXXX

Ds DNA actually has to be done by a particular method called indirect immunofluorescence on crithidia and your test has not been done with that, so don't worry.

The mutation could be a cause of the problem, and you are already on folic acid for that.

So that is my assessment, you don't need a rheumatological consult.

Feel free to write in in case of any further query.