Trying to conceive after abortion. Developed an h.pylori infection. Will this affect fertility?

Good

Infertility Specialist
Question
Please help...
I was recently pregnant and had an abortion three months ago. I regret it deeply and really want to be pregnant again. I have diminished ovarian reserve on top of everything.

NOW: In the past two months, I have developed an h.pylori infection with positive blood tests. I have read articles online about h.pylori affecting female fertility and ruining sperm quality (so the sperm cannot swim because of the h.pylori antibodies). Is this true? Am I infertile now because of this terrible infection?

The articles I read said the infertility was caused by the h.pylori antibodies, so even if I took antibiotics, they would probably still be in me in a year or two.

Here is an example of the research: WWW.WWWW.WW

Please give some hope.
Posted Sun, 10 Mar 2013 in Infertility Problem

Answered by Dr. Nandita Thakkar 20 minutes later
hello

welcome to XXXXXXX

The problem of H pylori is only seen in the recent years

the fact is you got pregnant. the reason for the abortion can be varied.
You can try to get pregnant
take pre natal vitamins like folic acid

If the ovarian reserve is very very low then you can plan some active treatment like Intra uterine insemination too

hope to have answered your query

wish you the very best

dr XXXXXXX thakkar

Follow-up: Trying to conceive after abortion. Developed an h.pylori infection. Will this affect fertility? 2 minutes later
In your opinion, does H. Pylori lead to female infertility?

I'm reading this article, but don't understand it. It says that all the sperm exposed to H.Pylori died:
WWW.WWWW.WW
So I'm worried I have no chance. Three months ago, when I was pregnant, my H.Pylori status was negative.

Answered by Dr. Nandita Thakkar 6 minutes later
hello again

not really - H pylori leading to infertility - we have not come across too many patients

Also your status tested is negative so, please just relax. this stress will not help

try again and if you do not get pregnant in 3 months, then you can plan further treatment

wish you all the best

dr XXXXXXX

Follow-up: Trying to conceive after abortion. Developed an h.pylori infection. Will this affect fertility? 1 minute later
Thank you. Sorry, one more clarification...my status is now positive (in the last three months). Do you think this makes a difference?

I thought a lot of women had H.Pylori.

Answered by Dr. Nandita Thakkar 14 minutes later
hello again

yes i agree there might be a prevalence of h pylori
but not all are associated with infertility

your earlier question mentioned you were negative
now you mention its positive

I think you should XXXXXXX your consultant, take the treatment necessary and plan further

which test was positive and what antibody was detected

hope to have answered your query

dr XXXXXXX thakkar