Trying to conceive. When does ovulation start? What diet is necessary? How to gain interest in sex?

Please provide your feedback for the following query.

1.I am 26 year old and married we are planning for conceiving a baby. We have tried couple of time but yet not conceived.Please suggest me basic guideline.

2.What is the right days of month to pregnant my partner if manstrual cycle starting every month 1 day for ex-(my partner period staring date 1-may-2012 and ending date 5-May-2012).

3.What is ovulation in female and how to identify it.

4.What is the most important diet female should need to take to get pregnant.

4.Recently i was very busy due to work some time feeling irritation and frustation also, So that i am losing interest in having sex.Please suggest me some Ayurvedic pill or some best way to rejuvenate my "body and Semen".

5.What is good quality or property of semen.
Posted Thu, 7 Jun 2012 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Chetna Jain 10 hours later
The pregnancy rate per cycle when trying is about 15%. If the woman is below 30 yrs of age one must try for 1 yr before seeking medical advise.
There may be factors where a couple may need to see a doctor before that.To list some- obesity, diabetes hypertension facial hair irregular cycles dark colored underarms history of abdominal surgery etc.
In man if there is difficulty in erection , if there is history of Mumps.
Ovulation occurs on day 14 in a 28 days cycle. If the cycles are longer or shorter it can be calculated like cycle lenght -14 will give you day of ovulation. It may not be possible to predict it in women with irregular cycles.
Ovulation can be confirmed by ultrasound done from day 10 every other day or so
Urine LH test kit also help in predicting ovulation. they are available freely in all major cities
Semen ex varies from time to time, normal smene had vol abt 2.5-4 ml
count> 20million/per ml,
motility >5% active, normal forms >30%, liquefaction (separaton time in lab)abt 30-40 mins and absence of infection.If you are too worried you may so semeen ex after 3-5 days abstinence in anear by lab.Never give sample to a collection centre.
Follow-up: Trying to conceive. When does ovulation start? What diet is necessary? How to gain interest in sex? 13 hours later
Thanks XXXXXXX for your feedback . Still want to confirm some points.

1. So if my wife starting period is from 1st day of month and ending 5th day of month then which are the highly fertile days to conceive a baby (As per your assumption).

2. You mean to say if i want to do semen anlysis test then directly go to lab instead of any other palce. Please tell me the process. how i can give my sample to lab and process and fees?

3. Please suggest the some diet for healthy semen.
Answered by Dr. Chetna Jain 45 hours later
1) If the period starts from 1st may and next period starts 29th may. Most fertile period is 14th and 15th may. You have been repeatedly mentioning the duration of flow but not mentioning the cycle period.
2) After holding semen inside for three days, you should go to the Hospital lab and provide sample without use of condoms and gellies.
3)fresh XXXXXXX leafy vegetables, fruits and almonds.