Trying to conceive. Taking duphaston for PCOD. Missed period. Pregnant?

Question
Hi Dr, i am 32 yrs old. Trying to conceive from last 6th month. Never got regular period from the first day. Dr said i have PCOD. From last 2 months not get my period . So dr asked me to take Duphaston 10mg, 2 times for 5 days. It is been 13 days i am not getting my period. I am not feeling any symptom of pregnancy. i am too much worried.

What are main symptom of pregnancy. Can i get pregant with PCOD. I am having Glycomat daily 2 times.
Posted Thu, 28 Mar 2013 in Infertility Problem

Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 47 minutes later
Hello XXXXXXX
Thanks for posting your query on health care magic.

Let me answer your query one by one.

1. Can i get pregant with PCOD? Definitely Yes. Chances of conception is high provided your cycles are regulated. With Glucomet taken for 6 months, chances of pregnancy are good.

2. What are main symptom of pregnancy? Symptoms of pregnancy include nausea, vomiting, breast pain and enlargement, frequent urination and mood swings.

3. From last 2 months not get my period . Since you have not got periods after taking duphaston, you need to start with other progesterone derivative like Norgest 5mg three times daily for 5 days. You will then get your periods.

There is absolutely no need to worry.
Can you provide some more information regarding the following?
1. Are you overweight. What is your current weight?
2. Do you have excess hair on the body?
3. Do you have acne(pimples)?

Feel free to ask if you have further queries. I will be happy to help.

Waiting for your reply.
regards,
Dr Nilofer

Follow-up: Trying to conceive. Taking duphaston for PCOD. Missed period. Pregnant? 1 hour later
Thanks a lot for your reply.

Answering your question
Not much overweight. My wight is 63 Kg now. I am 5.4 height.
2. Do you have excess hair on the body?
Yes i do have excess hair in my body
3. Do you have acne(pimples)?
Yes i am facing acne problem from my teenage.

I always had ir regular period. I am taking glycomat from last 6 month. But not seeing any result and still having ir regular period. Every time i have to take medicines for 5 days to get my period. Shell i go for overy induction treatment now. What is the success rate of this treatment. I dont want to wait more. because i am already 32 yrs now.

Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 35 minutes later
Hello XXXXXXX
Thanks for your reply.

Following are my suggestions:
1. Ideal weight for your age is 56Kg. You are just 8 kg more than expected. Try to still reduce atleast 5 kg because reduction of weight doubles your chances of conception.

2. Shell i go for overy induction treatment now? Yes since you are 32 years old you need to take go for ovulation induction with clomifene citrate right away.

3. What is the success rate of this treatment.? Success of treatment is 30% with each cycle. With 6 continuous cycles of ovulation induction almost 60-70% of women conceive.
So do not worry. Be stress free . This adds to your fertility.
I will be happy to answer if you have follow up questions.
Hope this helps,
regards,
Dr Nilofer

Hello Dr,

Thanks a lot for your suggestion. This really helps.

I wanted to know how the induction with clomifene citrate is done. Do i have to take tablets or any injection.

Can i get my period regular naturally in any way and the fertility. and is there any way to know the ovulation period(For those having irregular period) , so that i can have the intercourse during that period.

My BP is 100/60 mm Hg. is this normal?

Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 32 minutes later
Hello XXXXXXX
happy to answer your query.

1. I wanted to know how the induction with clomifene citrate is done. Do i have to take tablets or any injection.? It is a tablet . Dosage is one tablet from 2-6 days of menstrual cycle for 5 days.

2. Can i get my period regular naturally in any way and the fertility.? Yes if you reduce your weight to 56 kg, you will get your cycles naturally. And fertility also will be regained.

3. is there any way to know the ovulation period(For those having irregular period) , ? You can purchase a kit called as ovulation kit( I-sure kit ). You can start using it from 12th day of cycles to detect ovulation day.

Hope this helps.
regards,
Dr Nilofer