Trying to conceive. TVS showed Hypoechoic lesion in endometrium, given Femilon. Have failed IUI cycle. Suggest?

Question
hi, today is 2nd day of my cycle and a TVS was done. a small hypoechoic lesion was noted in the endometrium and the doctor asked me to take Femilon for 21 days. in my earlier USG everything was normal and i had 1 cycle of IUI which failed. we have been planning baby for more than a year. Kindly give your expert advise and what should be done
Posted Sat, 27 Jul 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Jay Patel 2 hours later

I am Dr XXXXXXX and I will try my level best to help you.

Based from the information, as I understand you are planning for a baby since past year and now on Transvaginal sonogram comes up as a small hypoechoic lesion in endometrium. And the question is about what is the lesion and how can you get going on for becoming pregnant.

The hypoechoic lesion is probably a polyp, which is not major concern for now as its very small. Here are the steps that can be taken to get pregnant.

1) First their is a need to get the semen report of you husband's sperms.
2) Next is choosing the time of intercourse and position is also important as it provides an advantage for conceiving.

a)Best time is the 12- 17 th day after the menses are over.
b)Best position is missionary position or man-on-top position which as an advantage for conceiving, more over stay in same position or put sum pillow underneath you pelvis /hip to get some inclination angle so that sperms stays inside the vagina for longer time.

Try above mentioned position and time of cycle to your advantage for 2-3 months and if still not have any positive news the get your husband's semen checked.

Hope you have a good news within next 2-3 months. Please feel free to contact me in case of any concerns or clarifications.

Dr XXXXXXX XXXXXXX