Trying to conceive. Suggest test prior to conception?

HI, I have a 4.9 yr old son, we are planning for a second child, please suggest suitable medical test prior to conception to ensure healthy pregnancy.
Posted Tue, 6 Aug 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 3 hours later

Folic acid and B complex supplements are the essential medications in women planning to conceive.

Also get the hemoglobin levels checked , if low you may have to be given oral iron supplements.

If you had pains in the joints or bones post pregnancy in the previous pregnancy then taking calcium supplements this time before pregnancy may avoid such pains during or after pregnancy.

Hope, I answered your query.

Wish you good health.