Trying to conceive. Suffering from fever. Taking antibiotic. Will there be any side effects for unborn?

Question
Hello Doc
I' m trying for pregnancy this month. but suffering from fever from past 2 days so started taking antibiotic azathral 500 dose today. Today is 15th day but in case if I conceive will there be any problem for my unborn. any side effect with that antibiotic....Thanks in advance.

XXXXXXX
YYYY@YYYY
Posted Thu, 25 Oct 2012 in Getting Pregnant

Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 24 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX
If you are taking antibiotics now,then there wont be any problems with the fetus.You should not be taking them in the first trimester between 4-12 weeks.But currently if you are taking them there should be no problem.

Follow-up: Trying to conceive. Suffering from fever. Taking antibiotic. Will there be any side effects for unborn? 10 hours later
thanks doctor. I have couple of questions related to my pregnancy. Pls answer.
As I told you, my right Fallopian tube is blocked. Left is fine. This month I had one dominant follicle in right. On day-11, the right ovary follicle size was 16/15mm and left was 10/10mm and endo was 8.05mm. I haven't done scan later on d-13. Doc said you'll ovulate. Now I have 2 questions.
1) as my right tube is blocked, is there possibility that even if I ovulate in right, it will taken by left Fallopian tube and chances may increase? Also, by any chance blockage gets cleared automatically? How natuallry?
2) doc asked me take duphaston from d-16, but will it affect/stop my left follicle to convert to egg which was of size 10/10mm in left? Even if I ovulated in right, can I ovulate in left in the same month on different days?

Please answer, your answers will definately give relief to me.

XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 1 hour later
If the right tube is blocked then its less likely that the DF will be picked up on that side. Blockage doesnt get cleared automatically.Sometimes hydro tubation may help in clearing the block,but in severe cases that may not happen.
You can also take duphaston as it will help in increasing the chances of fertilization.
Yes,you can ovulate in both ovaries in the same month but the min. size of the follicle must be between 18-22mm for ovulation to occur.
You should try to concieve naturally for at least 6 months and there is no success,then you may need further management.

Follow-up: Trying to conceive. Suffering from fever. Taking antibiotic. Will there be any side effects for unborn? 2 hours later
Today is anyway 16th day. Shall I take duphaston from today then for 10 days? As I told you in my first query that I'm taking azathral 500 for my fever for 3 days and today I have taken 2nd tomorrow the last one. Do you still suggest me to take duphaston from today?

Doctor do you belong to Hyderabad? It's nice speaking to you. Thanks :-)

XXXXXXX

You can start taking the duphaston as advised from day 16.Complete the azithral als.Im not from Hyderabad but it was a pleasure speaking with you too.