Trying to conceive. Prescribed thyronorm for elevated TSH. Can I still conceive?
User rating for this question
im XXXXXXX 30yrs/female trying to conceive for the past 4 months.Got a preconception screen done .It indicated TSH value 5.83 1st time and during the second blood test ,tsh value became 5.22.So i went to an endocrynologist and he prescribed me thyronorm tablet 50mg to be taken daily before breakfast for 30 days and asked me to do a blood test again after 1 month. Now my query is: can i still try to conceive while taking this tablet.
Posted Sat, 7 Dec 2013 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 5 minutes later
Brief Answer: Good Chances Detailed Answer: Hi, Your chances of conception increased when you get treated for hypothyroidism. Hence Go ahead and try for pregnancy. Please let me know semen analysis of your husband and any other investigations you have done. Regards, Dr. Mahesh Koregol IVF & Infertility Specialist
Follow-up: Trying to conceive. Prescribed thyronorm for elevated TSH. Can I still conceive? 6 minutes later
no other investigations were done. Another question which i wanted to ask is that I heard from a relative(who is a doc) that taking 50 mg may decrease your bone density and stuff like that, is that true? Also, should i take these tablets life long and not just for 1 month?
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 1 hour later
Brief Answer: not much Detailed Answer: Hi, your TSH levels are less than 6 which means they are borderline high only. It might get corrected by it self. 25 mg could be enough. Anyway you repeat it after one month and then discuss with endocrinologist whether you can stop it slowly. But if its high again you may need to continue medicines life long. It does decrease bone density. But not very much. Don't worry about it. Regards
Follow-up: Trying to conceive. Prescribed thyronorm for elevated TSH. Can I still conceive? 20 hours later
ok thank u so much doctor.
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 1 minute later
Brief Answer: Please write a review Detailed Answer: Hi, If my answer was helpful for you, please accept my answer and write a review. Regards, Dr. Mahesh Koregol IVF & Infertility Specialist
People also viewed
- Is it possible to conceive with high tsh
- Severe gas after eating anything
- I am having low sperm count due to varicocele
- Suffering from hyperthyroidism high tsh levels prescribed thyronorm correct medication
- Does thyronorm affect conceiving
- I need your advice on semen count
- Tab thyronorm in conceiving and pregnancy
- Pins and needles after drinking
- Throwing up after drinking water
- Homeopathic treatment for low sperm motility
- Semen report says no sperm count
- Is my tsh level ok to conceive
- Relieving ear pain after tonsillectomy
- Throw up after eating eggs
- Will exposure to strong magnetic field affect fertility