Trying to conceive. Prescribed ovigen d. How long should I continue this medicine?

Infertility Specialist
Completed 7 yrs of marriage, trying for baby. Suggested for Ovigen d . 25 mg. completed 35 days. Do I need to continue with this.n what r the side effects of this medicine. Plz suggest.
Posted Wed, 13 Feb 2013 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 16 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX thanks for your query.

I read your query and I understand your concerns.

Ovigyn D is prescribed to improve follicular reserve by some doctors. This should not be taken routinely if there is no proven need. This medicine is associated with side effect of liver damage, I don’t recommend this medicine for you.

There is no evidence strong enough to support use of this. Hence, it is better to stop it.

Please visit a reputed IVF centre to undergo proper treatment and conception. Otherwise, please send me reports of all your tests so that I can answer you treatment options.

There is a feature to upload the reports by you on the right side of this query page. You may want to utilize it.

I hope I answered your query.

Regards, Dr. Mahesh Koregol. IVF & Infertility Specialist