Trying to conceive. Overweight and had US. What does report suggest?

Sep 2013

Hi , I have been trying to conceive for the past 6 months. I am 37 years of age and overweight. My Doctor sent me for an ultrasound scan and is quite happy that I should conceive naturally but I am worried to death that something is wrong. I will type what the report says:

US Pelvis transabdominal & transvaginal

Poor quality image with limited resolution due to patient body habitus.

The uterus appears normal in size and echotexture with an endometrial thickness of 6.4mm LMP - day 27.

The right ovary has a volume of 10cc, the left ovary has a volume of 11cc. Both ovaries contain numerous small follicles. PCO cannot be excluded, suggest correlation with clinical biochemistry. No free fluid seen.

Do you see that I should be able to conceive naturally with the above report? What should my endometrial thickness be and my ovary volume?

Last year my cycle was roughly 27/28/29 days the past few months it is now 26-28 day cycle. Do you think I should conceive naturally?

My husband wont have a semen analysis but he does have a child to a previous relationship. He does drink and smoke but he is not alcoholic and has cut this down to see if this helps.

I am really worried as I am now 37. I have had unprotected sex since I was 25 but have never had regular sex, only had regular sex for approx 6 months. I have always had the same partner who is now my husband. Do you still think I have a good chance to conceive naturally. My own doctor says I have PCO but he says as I have regular periods and Clearblue fertility monitor plus day 21 progesterone shows ovulation. On the occasional time I have had no ovulation but always get regular periods.

Thanks for your help and please reply asap as I am going mad.
Posted Wed, 28 Aug 2013 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Het Ram Bishnoi 15 hours later
Thanks for the query to H.C.M. Forum.
Directly coming to the point , please don't mind.
Only one point is bothering that is ENDOMETRIUM thickness .
The size of follicle should be around 19 mm to 20 mm on the 14-15 at last rupture and endometrium thickness MUST be around 11 mm to conceive .
The size of follicle is normal and ovulation occurs ( occasionally as you mentioned in your query).
Only problem is thickness , we usually prescribe treatment for stimulation of follicle so that they release ovum.
In your case ovulation occurs so treatment for conception is not necessary .
Your uterus thickness is abnormal , why ?
Only a Gynaecologist can tell after physical examination , so consult and get his opinion and upload the report over this site as in follow up questions.
After ovulation ovum fertilize with sperm and fertilized ovum implant in (on ) endometrium ( in your case thickness is 6.4 mm) .
As you stated that you are trying for pregnancy from last 6 months ( unprotected sex).
That may be the reason ( thickness of endometrium ) that you are not getting pregnant.
Please don't get tension .
Asthma or its treatment is nothing to do any thing with conception , so don't worry.
PCOD is there ,but in your case it is not a big problem as your menses are regular and ovulation is also well in time.
Consult the gynaecologist and get his opinion .
Hope I have answered your question .
If further any question I will happily reply.
Good luck.