Trying to conceive. On tranexamic for irregular periods. How to find out the ovulation period?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - May 2013
May 2013
Question
Hi, I have been having my period every 2 weeks since beg of sep, doctor has just prescribed Tranexamic and has stopped my period , but today its back slightly pink/brown?
I am 34, 5 ft 3, 8 and a half stone. No contraceptive used since last sep (2011) periods normal up until a few months ago where they were 36/42 day cycles, now 14 day cycles! I am trying to conceive so it makes it hard to know when I'm ovulating if at all.
Posted Tue, 4 Dec 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 2 hours later

The possible causes are:
-If there is possibility of pregnancy better to rule out missed abortion with retained products of conception that can lead to intermittent bleeding.
-Hormonal imbalance can lead to metrorrhagea (inter menstrual bleeding).
-Fibroids, polyps etc can present with inter menstrual bleeding.

So you once consult gynecologist and undergo physical examination, ultrasound and if needed endometrial biopsy, hormonal evaluation.
With this primary workup the possible cause for your problem can be evaluated and treatment can be given accordingly.
Once your cycles become regular you can track the ovulation and can plan for pregnancy.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.

Follow-up: Trying to conceive. On tranexamic for irregular periods. How to find out the ovulation period? 2 hours later
Thank you very much.

I did have blood tests but they came back ok.
I have today booked an appointment with a gynecologist so hopefully I can sort this out soon.

Thank you once again

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 1 hour later
You are welcome. Possibly this time you will get a solution for your problem.
Wish you good health. If you are satisfied with my response please rate the answer after closing the discussion.